Hey guys, something happened recently that I wanted to tell you about so here goes:
Around last year October/August I started to discover that I had a love of fitness and working out and that was great because I ended up with a ton of endorphins (happy hormones)! Anyway so I got ready for school at the beginning of this year the whole shebang and I still felt motivated and inspired and school started and I didn’t do as well as I hoped but I was still fine. Then this week things started to change, anyone who knows me knows I’m a confident, bubbly person who could probably walk up to a stranger and have a conversation without running out of things to say. However I started to feel isolated and it felt like and I don’t know how to say this without confusing you but, it felt like I couldn’t say anything or speak not because I was shy but because even though I wanted to it was like my body didn’t want me to. Basically I was in this situation where I couldn’t speak that much and that was scary not to mention super annoying and because I couldn’t talk I was not being me and I just began to feel uninspired and unmotivated and paying attention in class became a super difficult thing to do. Today the 26th of April was the day I got out of this rut and I want to share some tips with you on how I did it and staying positive!❤
- Wake up each morning and smile, even if it’s forced your brain will associate that smile with feeling happy and you may start to feel better.
- Work out. I mentioned earlier that exercise and running produces endorphins (happy hormones) and hormones are very powerful things they can make you go from happy to sad to angry in like 10 seconds. I always love exercise as a form of meditation because after a workout I always feel like order has been restored to my life and feeling like you’re in control is the best feeling ever!
- Take a long hot shower and reflect, think about the good and the bad, things that people did that made you smile. I think about all sorts of things in the shower: tests, songs, books, quotes, shopping. Once you get out of the shower change into your fav PJs and listen to music or read.
- Create. This is definitely a favourite you take all the things you like and don’t like about yourself and you create it into this person who is like you but different. Eg. You’re bad at English|she loves Shakespeare. Your alter ego should be the person you want to be like and she doesn’t have to be perfect😊.
- Ask yourself is this gonna be a huge problem 20 years from now, if the answer is no don’t let it bother you and focus on all the good things happening in your life.
- Don’t spend your time on people who make you feel bad about yourself (auf wiedersehen).
- Have a book in which you write or board on Pinterest of quotes that inspire you.
- Love yourself
Always be kind